On Good Friday, April 18, we have the following events planned:
Stations of the Cross, noon, Sanctuary: On Good Friday, Christians focus on the crucifixion of Jesus Christ. The Stations of the Cross represent various events along the way as Christ carried the cross to Calvary. The practice originated with pilgrimages to Jerusalem and the desire to represent the holy places in other lands. We begin and end in the Sanctuary after journeying around the campus, listening to the story of the day as told by members of the church.
Good Friday Worship, 7pm, Sanctuary: This service of darkness will bring to the forefront the suffering Christ went through on the way to Easter morning. We offer a time of reflection on the crucifixion and darkness as Christians experience in anticipation of Easter.
Join us on Easter Sunday, April 20, as we celebrate the risen King!
- Sunrise Service, 6:30am, Patio, with a message by Rev. Judi New
- Traditional Worship, 8:15am, Sanctuary, with a message by Rev. David McEntire
- Contemporary Worship, 8:15am, Fellowship Center, with a message by Rev. Ed New
- Traditional Worship, 9:30am, Sanctuary, with a message by Rev. Ed New
- Contemporary Worship, 9:30am, Fellowship Center, with a message by Rev. David McEntire
- Traditional Worship, 11am, Sanctuary, with a message by Rev. David McEntire
- eleven20 Contemporary Worship,11:20am, Fellowship Center, with a message by Rev. Cory Britt
Thank you to everyone that’s helped First UMC Imagine a World Without Hunger. This year, we’ve set a goal of providing 60,000 international meals through Stop Hunger Now and food to 50 Lakeland elementary school children through kidsPACK USA. Already, with your help, we packaged all 60,000 meals…in just one day. Now we need your help to meet our fundraising goal of $30,000. Please help by dropping your donations in the wooden churches in the lobbies of our Sanctuary and Fellowship Center, or give online here, making sure to specify either “Stop Hunger Now” or “KidsPACK” in the “Special Gift To” field. Thank you for heeding the call to serve!