The Story Groups have been suspended out of an abundance of caution regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. New dates for Story Groups will be announced.
First United Methodist is actively listening for God’s callings in our congregation, discerning where God is at work among us, and remaining attentive to God’s leadership. Sarai Rice is a church consultant guiding us in this work. Sarai uses “story-telling as a way for congregations to reflect on their history and identity.” She helps “congregations create large- and small-group planning processes that are unique to their situation and that help them to identify God’s call to their congregation in its particular time and place.”
We are inviting you to participate in this very important story-telling process as we seek to understand how God is at work through people’s lives and First United Methodist.
We want to hear everyone’s story because everyone’s story is important. We have scheduled several opportunities for story sharing groups over the coming weeks. Please register using the form below to let us know which Story Group you will be attending.
Here are some questions to spur your reflection and stories. Thank you for your participation in this very important project. We look forward to hearing your stories.
- What brought you to First United Methodist?
- Can you share a time when you experienced something that First United Methodist Church is doing that kept you coming back?
- Tell about a time when First United Methodist helped to feed your soul and how can the congregation do an even better job of helping you grow spiritually.
- What do you imagine happening at First United Methodist during the next three-five years to make a difference in the life of the community?
- As you think about family, friends and others who aren’t currently involved with a congregation, what is one thing that First United Methodist could do to encourage their participation?