As Louisiana begins recovery from historic flooding (with the hurricane season upon us), a United Methodist response is needed. You can help. Place checks in the offering plate or mail to the church, making sure to mark on your check that it is to be used for “LA Floods.”
We are also participating in the Florida Annual Conference’s Flood Bucket Challenge. Each filled flood bucket cost approximately $65. If you are not able to fill a bucket but would like to help, please place donations in the wooden churches around campus on Sunday. Please ensure donations are clearly marked “flood buckets.” Packed buckets may be returned to the church on Sunday, September 11, and will then be sent to the UMCOR Sager Brown Depot to help with the Louisiana flood. Empty buckets with packing lists will be in the Vestibule outside the Fellowship Center, the Sanctuary Narthex and at the bookstore on Sunday morning. If you would like to donate to cover the cost of the empty bucket, please place donations in the wooden churches.
Below is a list of items to include in your bucket – please understand that there are specific types of supplies and packing criteria to ensure that there is minimal waste.
- 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid (used buckets may not have contained paint or any chemicals)
- Liquid laundry detergent (50-oz. or two 25-oz. containers)
- Liquid household cleaner (12 to 16-oz that can be mixed with water. No spray cleaners, please.)
- Dish soap (16 to 28-oz bottle)
- 1 can of air freshener (pump or aerosol)
- 1 insect repellent spray (6 to 14-oz aerosol or pump WITH protective cover)
- 1 scrub brush (plastic or wooden handle)
- 18 cleaning wipes (reusable fabric wipes – no terry cloth, please – and remove packaging)
- 7 sponges (no cellulose sponges, please remove wrappers)
- 5 scouring pads (remove wrapper, no stainless steel or SOS pads, please)
- 50 clothespins
- 100 ft of clothes line (cotton or plastic line)
- 24 roll heavy-duty trash bags (33 to45 gallonsizes, remove from the box)
- 5 dust masks
- 2 pairs kitchen dish-washing gloves (durable quality and removed from package)
- 1 pair of work gloves (cotton with leather palm or all leather)
How to pack your bucket:
- Place all liquid items in the first then add larger items, fitting small items in open spaces.
- Make sure the lid is securely sealed.
- Return the filled bucket to the church on Sunday, September 11.
Join us every Thursday from 9-10:30am starting September 8 for Pray and Play. This isn’t just another “mommy and me” class – it is a playgroup with a purpose. We hope you’ll join us – let us know you’re coming by registering here. Contact Cristi with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 863-682-1912.
We are currently accepting applications for a Director of Youth Ministries. Please click here for more information.
We are currently accepting applications for a First Steps Preschool Lead Teacher. Please click here for more information.
We are currently accepting applications for a First Steps Preschool Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Teacher. Please click here for more information.
Men of all ages are invited to this study focused on the issues in a man’s life. It is designed for men who are seeking to grow in their relationship with God and with others. There is honest talk about relationships, marriage, jobs, friends, habits and faith. We live in a world which offers many temptations and much compromise, but as Christians we are called not be conformed to the world, but transformed by the renewing of our minds (Romans 12:2) Open to all men, this Bible study gives men the opportunity to grow in faith and learn from God’s word n fellowship with other men. Unless schedule dictates otherwise, we will meet on the first Tuesday of each month, 6:30-8:00 pm. You can read more and register here.
Looking for a study group, class, or small group ? Check out our listing by day here.
It doesn’t matter if you’re new to the church or a long-time attendee, you’re invited to this informal and interactive gathering on Sunday, October 2, in C-201D (the Wesley Center). Participants will have the opportunity to explore our church in a friendly and fun environment, meet members of the church staff and ask questions about different departments. Bring the whole family. Check in at 4:45, and the session will be from 5-6:30pm. Call Diana at 863-686-3163 to register or register online here.
Our next session of Coffee with the Pastors is scheduled for Sunday, August 28, 2016 from 5-6:30pm in the Administrative Office Large Conference Room. In this casual time together, you’ll learn more about the church, get to know our pastors and review expectations regarding membership. New members will be received September 11. Childcare is provided by advance registration. Call Diana at 863-686-3163 to register or register here.